Oberon Gauntlet Season 3 Announcement
Season 3 is right around the corner, so here is a post to describe all the features and rules for it! Specific details are subject to change. Permanent details will be up on 17 May 2021.
Here is a list of the major changes:
3 stages of the Gauntlet.
– Stage 1: 3 splits of 4 weeks each.
– Stage 2: All teams in the lower bracket face eachother. (#1 best team receives an in-game reward and enters stage 3)
– Stage 3: Gauntlet from lowest rank to highest. All matches are in a best of 3
All teams gets divided into 2 brackets.
– Upper bracket: Rank 1 – Rank 4
– Lower bracket: Emerald, Sapphire, Ruby
– Prizes: All 4 teams in the upper bracket receives rewards at the end of the season. Higher reward for higher placement.
– Upper bracket (4 teams), Emerald (2 teams) and Sapphire (4 teams) don’t need to play Qualifiers
– If there are more than 2 Ruby teams, they will play Qualifier Games in Week 1 of the split untill there are only 2 teams left in Ruby.
There will be milestone rewards that the upper bracket can earn throughout the entire season to increase the prize pool. These will be challenges such as Steal Baron or Elder, Get a PentaKill, reach a certain amount of followers, etc. Details on this will be determined on the first day of Season 3.
Season 3 will be divided into 3 splits of 4 weeks each. Here is a timeline for all of the matches that will take place in each split
Stage 1: Split 1 – Split 3
Week 1 (Saturday or Sunday)
Lower Bracket: No Matches (Qualifiers if there are too many teams)
Upper Bracket: Each team plays against eachother. 3-0 = Rank 1. 2-1 = Rank 2. 1-2 = Rank 3. 0-3 = Rank 4. (In a tie, the team that had a higher rank before today gets placed higher)
Week 2: CLASH (No Matches)
Week 3 (Saturday)
Lower Bracket: plays 8-team bracket. 2 Teams become Ruby. 2 teams become Sapphire. Best team faces Rank 4 to take their spot for the next day if they win.
Upper Bracket: No Matches
Week 3 (Sunday)
Lower Bracket: 2 teams become Sapphire. 2 teams become Emerald. 1 Team faces Rank 4 to take their place going into the next split.
Upper Bracket: Gauntlet Match Rank 4 – Rank 1 BO1.
Week 4: CLASH (No Matches)
- Ruby: All teams face eachother. 1 Team advances to the next Round.
- Sapphire: All teams face eachother. 1 Team advances to the next Round.
- Emerald: All teams face eachother. 1 Team advances to stage 3.
- Rank 1-4: No matches in Stage 2
- Best Emerald Team faces Rank 4 in a BO3. Winner takes Rank 4 spot and advances.
- Rank 4 faces Rank 3 in a BO3. Winner takes Rank 3 spot and advances.
- Rank 3 faces Rank 2 in a BO3. Winner takes Rank 2 spot and advances.
- Rank 2 faces Rank 1 in a BO3. Winner takes Rank 1 spot and becomes Season 3 Champions.
Rules for the Matches:
- During issues with Champion Select, the lobby must be remade with picks and bans being the same up until the point of the problem. (dodging because you missclicked a champion is not allowed)
- Teams must enter champion select within 3 minutes of the scheduled time. Teams that aren’t 5 after 3 minutes must play in a handicap match (4v5, 3v5 etc.) or FF. You are not allowed to dodge the game to get your 5th member in, even if he’she is 1 minute late (unless your opponents agree and the match still starts within 10 minutes of the scheduled time).
- Pro Draft is only allowed if the teams enter champ select within 5 minutes of the scheduled time.
- Both teams may pause the game only once during the game for up to 5 minutes.
- Verbal abuse in all chat might result into disqualification (judged by the tournament hosts after receiving a screenshot)
- All matches that don’t get streamed have to be screenshotted and shared on the captains channel on discord.
Each team can register up to 7 members. If you want an 8th member, you must kick 1 of the players. That player isn’t able to join the rest of the season with any team if that player already played a game with the team. Any of the 7 members is allowed to play at any time during the whole season.
- 1st place: 5x 650 RP, 50% of the Prize Pool, Hall of Fame induction at https://oberonkingdom.com/
- 2nd place: 5x Skin Orb, 30% of the Prize Pool
- 3rd place: 5x Masterwork Chest & Key, 20% of the Prize Pool.
- 4th place: 5x Hextech Chest & Key
- #1 Emerald Team: 5x Hextech Chest or Key
- Stage 1 MVP: 1-3 MVP Players will receive a skin Orb. MVP’s are decided based on performance such as KDA, Winrate and Kill Participation.
Support Oberon Gauntlet
If you wish to support the Oberon Gauntlet, you can do so in the following ways:
- Sponsors: Sponsor this tournament. In return we will promote anything you wish after coming to an agreement. Contact the tournament host on discord if you wish to do so!
- Refer a friend: Refer your friends to Oberon Gauntlet and let them register their team. For every team you refer and plays 3 games in Stage 1, you will receive a skin orb.
- Donations: Donate during the streams at https://www.twitch.tv/oberongauntlet . All of the received amount will be placed into the tournament rewards!
Join the server on discord to join this league!