Welcome to the Oberon Gauntlet. This is a tournament based on rankings of the teams that are competing in it. On this page, we will be sharing all the information you need to know about this league. This section is managed by PentaKing.
Season 2 (1 March 2021 – 16 May 2021)
We are currently in Season 2 which will run between the beginning of March untill the middle of May. The tournament is divided into 3 stages. Matches take place on Saturday and Sundays. Weekends with clash there are no matches scheduled. All matches take place between 3 PM – 9 PM CET. Season 3 starts on 17 May 2021.
The Oberon Gauntlet has the following ranking from highest to lowest:
- Rank 1 Team
- Rank 2 Team
- Rank 3 Team
- Emerald League
- Saphire League
- Ruby League
The Oberon Gauntlet is divided into 3 stages. The Regular season, The Qualifiers and as 3rd the finals gauntlet between the top 3 teams.
Stage 1 – Placements & Regular Season (1 March – 25 April):
New teams play 2 placement matches. After that they get placed in either Ruby or Sapphire. Teams from previous season keep their rank and continue climbing from where they left off. Each team can only face the same team twice in stage 1. There are a few systems for promotions and demotions.
- Ruby/Sapphire: Win 3 games vs Ruby, Win 2 games vs Sapphire or Win 1 game vs Emerald+ to be promoted.
- Emerald: Win 3 games vs Ruby, Win 2 games vs Sapphire or Win 1 game vs Emerald+ to earn a match against Rank 3 to be promoted and take their place.
- Rank 3: Win 4 games vs Ruby, Win 3 games vs Sapphire or Win 2 games vs Emerald to earn a match against Rank 2 to be promoted and take their place.
- Rank 2: Win 4 games vs Ruby, Win 3 games vs Sapphire, Win 2 games vs Emerald or 1 game vs Rank 3 to earn a match against Rank 1 to be promoted and take their place.
- Rank 1: Win 5 games vs Ruby, Win 4 games vs Sapphire, Win 3 games vs Emerald or 2 wins vs Rank 2/Rank 3 to earn a Shield Point (SP). Shield points can be used to avoid getting demoted to Rank 2 in Stage 1 and expire in stage 2.
- Losing 2 games in a row against any team will demote you by 1 rank/league.
Stage 2 – Qualifiers (1 May – 9 May):
- Ruby: All teams face eachother. 1 Team gets promoted to Sapphire and advances to the next Round.
- Sapphire: All teams face eachother. 1 Team gets promoted to Emerald and advances to the next Round.
- Emerald: All teams face eachother. 1 Team Advances to stage 3.
- Rank 1-3: No matches in Stage 2
Stage 3 – Gauntlet (8 May – 16 May):
- Best Emerald Team faces Rank 3 in a BO3. Winner takes Rank 3 spot and advances.
- Rank 3 faces Rank 2 in a BO3. Winner takes Rank 2 spot and advances.
- Rank 2 faces Rank 1 in a BO3. Winner takes Rank 1 spot and becomes Season 2 Champions.
Rules for matches
- Teams must start and enter champion select within 10 minutes of the scheduled time.
- Both teams may pause the game for up to 10 minutes (20 minutes in total).
- Verbal abuse in all chat might result into disqualification (judged by the tournament hosts after receiving a screenshot)
- All matches that don’t get streamed have to be screenshotted and shared on the captains channel on discord.
Challenging teams & Registering teams
To enter the Oberon Gauntlet, the captain of the team registers the roles, summoner names and discord names of the members on the discord server (Check the pinned messages to use the template). Each team can have up to 12 members, but only the 6 registered members can enter the matches of that day.
Every team can challenge any other team of their choice (up to twice in stage 1) Matches can only take place on Saturday or Sunday between 3PM – 9PM CET. After coming to an agreement of a match and a set time, register the 6 members for the day on the register channel on Discord. Registration for the game that day must be complete before 11:59 PM CET the day before. Only up to 6 matches can take place on the day, so first come = first serve.
1st place receives 650 RP each. If the milestone of 50 followers in season 2 stage 1 is achieved, the prize pool gets increased as following:
- 1st place: 650 RP Each, Champions Discord Color, Hall of Fame induction at https://oberonkingdom.com/
- 2nd place: Skin Orb The prize pool will increase based on twitch stream performance.
- Stage 1 MVP: 1-3 MVP Players will receive a skin Orb. MVP’s are decided based on performance such as KDA, Winrate and Kill Participation.
Support Oberon Gauntlet
If you wish to support the Oberon Gauntlet, you can do so in the following ways:
- Sponsors: Sponsor this tournament. In return we will promote anything you wish after coming to an agreement. Contact the tournament host on discord if you wish to do so!
- Refer a friend: Refer your friends to Oberon Gauntlet and let them register their team. For every team you refer and plays 3 games in Stage 1, you will receive a skin orb.
- Donations: Donate during the streams at https://www.twitch.tv/oberongauntlet . All of the received amount will be placed into the tournament rewards!
Join the server on discord to join this league!